This Halwa recipe made from whole wheat flour is very delicious, an easy recipe to cook, it takes just half an hour of time so you can cook this whenever you feel hungry, it is an Indian dessert. This is usually made in Indian households on certain festivities or Pujas like during Navratri but the craving for Atta halwa can be at any time so you really don't need to wait for an occasion since this is way too easy and quick to make!
Preparation Time- 5 mints
Cooking Time- 10 mints
- 500 Gram Whole wheat flour
- 300 Gram Ghee
- 500 Gram Sugar
- 100 Ml Water
- 50 Gram Raisins
- 5 Gram Cardamom (coarsely ground)
- 10 Gram Almonds, sliced
- 5 Gram Pistachios (for garnishing), sliced
- Boil the water and sugar in a pan over medium high heat. Bring the syrup to full boil and mix it well making sure sugar is dissolved, and turn off the heat. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over low medium heat, add the clarified butter after butter is melted add whole wheat flour. Keep stirring and roast the flour, till it turns light brown and have nice sweet aroma.
- Flour should be roasted well, after adding the syrup four will be lighter in shade. Halwa should be nice and light brown in color. This should take about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the syrup slowly to minimize splattering. Keep stirring continuously, making sure there is no lumps.
- Add raisins, half the almonds and cardamom, and cook till it becomes consistency of thick batter. Keep the halwa softer than your desired consistency, as it will thicken over time. This should take about 5-6 minutes
- Garnish with almonds, and pistachios. Serve warm.