The traditional method of making delicious Hyderabadi Veg Dum Biryani Recipe is to cook biryani in Bronze vessel and cover the sides with thick flour paste so that all spices blend with rice and gives the dish an authentic flavour which can satisfy the taste buds. The spices used in Biryani are the essential ingredients, their smell will make you fall in love with this Biryani.A variety of Indian spices used in Veg Biryani. These include Javitri (Mace), Jaiphal (Nutmeg), Pepper, Laung (Cloves), Elaichi (Cardamom), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Tej Patta (Bay Leaves), Coriander, Saffron (Kesar) etc. This preparation is also very healthy due to the addition of various vegetables.
Ingredients Of Vegetable Biryani
- ½ Kg Basmati Rice
- 50 gms Paneer Cubes
- 15-20 small soya chunks
- 2 onions (diced)- deep fry them in oil
- Chopped Vegetables (any)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 tsp green chillies-chopped fine
- 1 tsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
How to Make Vegetable Biryani
- First, take a flat pan and heat it to roast spices mentioned in the description and finely grind them in the grinder.
- Heat oil in the pan and deep fry diced onions on medium flame till they turn light brown in colour (do not over fry them), when done take them out from the oil on a tissue paper and let the oil dry.
- Fry Paneer Cubes also.
- Cook rice and it should not get sticky, cook in less water.
- Take a pan to add vegetables, stir-fry over low heat till half done.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, haldi, salt, chilli powder and green chillies.
- Cook, covered for about 5 minutes and mix in the lemon juice and half the coriander.
- Add cooked rice to the above mixture and fry them collectively for 2-3 mint, but rice shouldn’t break
- Add all the grinded mixture to the rice and leave over low heat, covered for 10 mins.
- Add brown fried brown onions to biryani.
- Serve with Raita and Salad.