Mawa Kachori is an exotic dessert from the state of Rajasthan. It is made up with the filling of Mawa and dryfuits and then it dipped in the sugar syrup. This recipe is really a great Indian desert to be served on any occassion or gatherings. Mawa kachori's speciality is in its mawa filling, it gives it a great flavour and its exotic smell will force to take a bite of it. Try this recipe at your home with your friends, family and your kids.
Preparation time- 30 mins
Cooking Time- 1 hr
- 500 gms maida
- 100 gms ghee
- 200 ml water
- 1 kg Sugar
- 1 tbsp Elaichi Powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 2 tbsp Kishmish
- 1 tbsp Chiraunji Seeds
- 200 gms sweet mawa( Khoya)
- 15 gms chopped Pista (Without Skin)
- 15 gms chopped Almond(Without Skin)
- 15 gms chopped Cashew nuts.
- Ghee for frying
- For stuffing , mix Mawa, kishmish, chiraunji seeds, ½ tbsp of sugar, elaichi powder, pista, almond, cashew nuts.
- Make a dough with flour, ghee and water and rest for 30mins.
- Divide into balls and stuff center with mawa filling and flatten to make discs.
- Fry in ghee till golden brown on medium flame.
- Make sugar syrup by heating water and sugar till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Just before serving dip the fried Kachoris in sugar syrup and garnish with chopped nuts.