Poha, a simple Indian recipe made from flattened rice flakes (which is called poha). Poha can be served at breakfast or in evening snacks, it is very light and can be made healthy by adding various veggies.It includes ingredients that are easily available at your home and you can make it innovative as per your taste and preferences, you can add like groundnut, sev bhujia and many more things as you like and can be served as evening and morning snack with Tea.
Preparation Time- 10 mins
Cooking Time- 10 mins
Total Time- 20 mins
- 2 cup washed & dried pressed rice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 8 leaves curry leaves
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 gm sliced green chilli
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon refined oil
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 chopped into cubes potato
- 1 Handful raw peanuts
- To start with chop the veggies and keep aside.
- Wash pressed rice (poha) and rinse well. Drain all the water and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over low-medium flame and add mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add curry leaves, peanuts, and green chilies, chopped Onion in the pan.
- Fry the peanuts for some time, avoid burning it as this will spoil the taste.
- Add the small cubes of potato. Allow the potato to cook well and put the lid for some time, this will make the potatoes soft.
- Also, you can add veggies of your choice, if you want to make it more nutritious, as I have added cauliflower.
- Then add the poha into the pan, mix it well with the ingredients and add the turmeric powder to the recipe and salt as per your taste preference.
- Stir the ingredients together add salt and lemon juice in the pan. The poha shouldn't be too dry, to make it soft, you can sprinkle some water. To make the dish more flavourful and aromatic you can add some garam masala to it.
- Poha is often served with chutney and garnished with freshly chopped coriander and green chilies. Poha makes for a wholesome meal. So try this awesome recipe and relsih with your loved ones.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.